Vintage patterns, how I love them so. I've been collecting them for about five years and have two big boxes stuffed full of them. I love each and every one of them and get excited every time I flip through them and re-discover a great one I had forgotten all about. They are the main topic I have blogged about on here and I have enjoyed bringing them to life for all to see. Before I started this blog I actually rarly used them, I only collected them. The reason? I went to fashion design school 11 years ago on a mission to learn how to draft my own patterns so that is what I usually do.
This is a late 40s inspired off the shoulder dress that I designed a few years ago. This design actually started out as a knit top I draped out on my dressform that I loved so much I decided I wanted a dress version of it.
Here it is in zebra sateen with a full circle skirt.

This one was made for customer in black and red sateen with a neat striped skirt.
Here it is again in made in black and leopard print with the striped skirt.
This is the top that I first made that inspired the dress. This is my favorite top and I live in them all summer. I have loads of them already but I am already planning a few new ones for summer. The next one will be pink leopand!





7 comments:
I love your own designs, so clever! I often make a combination of a dress out of 2 different patterns, but I've never designed my own pattern before, that's a real skill and talent!
love it!
I thought that was you. Funny I was just looking through my favorites on etsy and found something I had marked of yours a top I think and I thought it was you but as you said you hadn't mentioned it in your blog. Very cute.
your own designs,your the best.
I love all of them..especially the 40's inspired one..great selection of fabrics.
I love them all too - the leopard is my fave! You are very clever!
Sarah xxx
Omg I love your dresses!
fabulous! i love them all, but am especially in love with the zebra print.
Post a Comment