Uh, no thank you.
I find it odd that Ms Adams would bother with such details seeing that this top is meant to be tucked into the skirt and you wouldn't even see the pain-in-the-butt godets after all was said and done. So I decided to make this into a dress after all.
Turning it into a dress was easy. All I had to do was cut the blouse pattern along the waist line and add the seam allowance back in. While I usually have the problem of vintage pattern bodices being too short this one was just right and didn't need any altering.
The bust on the other hand I did have to fiddle with to make it fit properly. The pattern was a size 14 with a 32" bust which I had to enlarge to fit. I have to to that to almost all pattern so that part was easy but it ended up making the bust pleat sit funny which resulted in over an hour of tweeking to make it sit right. I also had to (once again) add darts to the bodice front waist. Without them the waist area below my bust bagged out pigeon bust style.




5 comments:
Oh hell yes - this frock is FABULOUS! Aren't you so clever? I just love it - please model it for us!
Sarah xxx
I love the neckline on this one, looks fab!
I LOVE the nechline! The lace is a great touch
You're so talented. I wish I could make this. This dress is so cute!
Amazing dress! Who can resist a cherry print!
Post a Comment