Remember this green vintage dress I posted about a few months back? It was one I choose to keep for myself since it fits me so well. However I never got around to wearing it because it was A) too long for me B) was sort of plain and needed something C) the sleeves were too long for my taste. I also couldn't decide what shoes to wear with it. Yesterday I decided to make a few changes to it.
Here is what it looks like now:
I turned the hem up almost 4" and added black lace trim. Four inches sounds like a lot but now it hits me just below the knee instead of tea length. I also added a simple decortive running stitch using embroidery floss along the neckline and cuffed up the sleeves.
It's amazing how a quick and easy alteration can make such a difference. Now I wear it all the time!
6 comments:
lovin the color on that one!
It looks great. I love when simple changes can radically change the appearance of something. It's a great colour, too.
-Andi x
Ooooh so glad I found your blog!! The first post I land on is a green dress refashion - my favourite colour and wow you've certainly given it a gorgeous makeover - I love the little details including the embroidery running stitch:). Yes, I would be wearing this one all the time if it were mine:))
GAH! It's splendid! Small touches made all the difference!
I simply LOVE what you've done!!
Sometimes a lovely frock needs a little help,and you've done it perfectly!
My man and I have been drooling over your pad........we both are rather enamoured!!! You've done so many wonderful,inspirational things to your house!
x
Lovely dress made even lovelier! The only thing missing from the post is a picture of you in the re-vamped version...
Post a Comment