Hello blog world. My week started out with a fresh dye job. I am loving this color! (Feria Ruby Rush with Special Effects Blood Red over top.)
Parcels of joy arrived bringing me the maroon bakelite bracelet second from the left and the bright red one on the far right. Both from the same seller on Ebay for a very good price. (Under $50 bucks.) This is my small balelite collection thus far. I don't buy much since it is usually so damn expensive. I refuse to pay over $60 bucks for bakelite no matter how bad I want it.
Today I wore my favorite vintage glass pearls, a vintage 1950s black velvet blouse and the most shimmertastic green, black and silver skirt ever. Both were thrifted from Buffalo Exchange. I paired 'em with my go-to summer wedgies I bought on Melrose 5 or so years ago.
See what I mean? Shimmertastic! I am a sucker for a 1950s style skirt with sequins.
Sadly this awesome sauce vintage blouse ripped yet again on me after taking this picture. Last time it ripped at the waistline where you can see scar where I mended it. This time it was at the shoulder seam. The consequences of wearing vintage I guess. :(
On a happier note I picked ALL these blueberries from the garden today! Which lead to this:
Blueberry muffins! Well, at least a cup of the berries went in. The rest are for snacking on later or the freezer.







3 comments:
Hi, I've been lurking and enjoying your posts for a while but I had to say I absolutely love your bamboo bar, in fact your whole house looks amazing. Your outfit is gorgeous too, that's such a shame that your vintage top keeps ripping. xx
You look great in that outfit in your Tiki bar setting! Too bad the top keeps ripping. Maybe you can use it as a pattern to make one just like it :)
Oh I'm Adoring your Colorful Vibrant Tiki Inspired Home! Would make me Feel like I'm on Vacation in some Amazing Tropical Locale all the time!!!
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
Post a Comment